Monday, May 14, 2012

I've decided, initially, to sign up for a few survey sites and some sites where people write articles and earn money from ad revenue, dependent upon people reading the article and clicking one of the linked advertisement. Today was mostly a day for setting things up, confirming logon information and reading how the different sites work. Both kinds of money making endeavors have a learning curve so I'm guessing it will take some time to hit my stride and learn ways to work more quickly.

For the survey sites I've decided to keep a log of how long I spend on each site each day so I can judge whether it's worth the investment of my time. For someone who enjoys taking surveys time probably isn't an issue but I've found I don't like clicking through the pages of "offers" hitting the "NO" button for things I have no interest in. The ironic thing is, I've found they aren't targeted towards the interests I listed and many that I already said no to on one page turn up on another page. It's a bit frustrating and I'm not quite sure what they hope to accomplish. If I didn't want it on page two I'm not likely to change by page four.

As for the writing sites, articles take more time and there's usually research involved, though I expect some will be more time consuming than others. Still, I love to write so I'll probably enjoy this endeavor more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment